100% Money-Back Guarantee to pass the notary exam!
Applies to our 6-hour in-person notary seminar.
Details in FAQ tab above.
How to become a notary public in California
Take a 6-hour or 3-hour* state approved California notary course, then take the state notary exam on the same day.
Seminar registration also includes immediate free access to the our 6-hour or 3-hour on-line notary courses and sample exams right now.
*3-hr courses apply to recommissioning notaries only.
How to become a first-time notary :
1) Register for a 6-hour seminar or take our prep course at home;
2) Take the notary exam held the same day as the seminar;
3) Submit the notary application when you take the exam;
4) Submit your fingerprints (same day as the seminar if you choose);
5) Wait for the Secretary of State to send your commission by mail;
6) Take your oath of office and record your bond by mail or in-person at the county clerk's office;
7) Request your notary seal by mail.
How to renew your notary commission:
1) Take a 6-hour seminar or the 3-hour refresher seminar up to 2- years prior to your current commission expiration date;
2) or take your seminar at home by going through a 6-hour or 3-hour notary video course or home-study coursebook;
3) Take and pass the notary exam any time up to 1-year before the commission expiration date;
4) Complete the additional steps as listed above for new commissions.
Seminar fees $79.95 which includes registration, seminar books and materials, open and immediate access the notary prep video courses, downloadable study guides and study notes, downloadable PDF of the California Secretary of State Notary Handbook 2016, access to five notary sample exams, online notary learning games and a $50 discount on the Loan Signing Certification course for those who want to start a professional loan signing services business.