All seminar materials and forms on the day of the class & all of these extra benefits available NOW!
- You have immediate access to download the entire 6-hr seminar material in a print form or right on your screen so you can begin reading through all of the seminar topics ... today.
- You have free access for up to 1 year to the entire 3-hr or 6-hr online video notary course anytime you want. Search by topic anytime, especially if you need help rememebering something even after you are a notary.
- Access right now our online electronic notary flash cards and many other notary games.
- Access right now a download of our compact 30-minute study notes to get up to speed fast.
- Take advantage of our unique Pass the Notary Exam guarantee included with the 6-hour live seminar class.
- Immediate access to take a variety of sample notary exams available online.
- Live phone support for registration and commission assistance every day, M-F 8:00am-5:00pm. Call and someone will answer your questions live.
- Si quieren, hablamos español tambien.
When Do I take the Exam?
All of our live notary seminar locations are pre-approved by the Secretary of State and the exam proctors will arrive at our class locations around 4:15 PM immediately following the seminar. You will have 50 minutes to complete 30 questions, multiple choice and will need to score a minimum of 70% to pass. The best news is that our 6-hour seminar even includes the "Pass the Exam Guarantee" !
Can I register by phone?
There are two ways to register for a class: register online now by selecting a class date and location or by phone at the number listed above. Our office hours are 8am - 5pm M-F and we are staffed to answer your questions and help with registration. We also have client services in spanish during regular business hours.
How much does everything cost?
The cost for our live notary course seminar is $79.95 and includes:
- Study material available now for download or to read on a mobile device anywhere.
- Unlimited and immediate access to the online Notary Video Course anytime for 1 year. This course is browsable by topics (for example "Completing the Journal entry") so
you can watch videos on how to do anything as a notary and .This is like having a personal instructor with you 24/7 to guide you in every step of the way even after you become a notary and just need some refresher information later.
- Immediate access to online notary games, electronic flash cards, and many sample notary exams.
Exam fee - $40
You will need to bring a check or money order in the amount of $40 made payable to the Secretary of State for your examination.
Passport Photo- $10
For your convenience, we can take a passport photo at the seminar location for $10. You need to submit (1) passport photo along with your application to the Secretary
of State when you take the exam and may choose to purchase that passport photo in advance right now when you select the notary seminar you wish to attend.
Live Scan -$80
We also have live-scan services available at all of our seminar locations.. The cost of the live-scan is $80 and is payable on the day of the seminar. If you are taking the 3-hour
refresher course at home or your office, you may have your live-scan completed by coming to the location before 12:00 PM. After your live-scan is complete, if you
have registered for the exam on that day, feel free to join us for the rest of the seminar at no extra charge.
How long will it take for me to be a notary?
If you take our notary class and exam, you can do everything you need to do in one day, but the Secretary of State needs time to process your application. On average, the process takes about 8-10 weeks from the day you take the notary exam. You will have nothing to do but wait for your commission to arrive by mail. You will then have 30 days to file your oath of office with the county clerk's office. We will help you with any questions you have now or even when you are ready to file. That's it! One-day of your time if you choose our live notary class.
6-Hour vs. 3-Hour Notary Courses?
All first-time California notary applicants must take a state approved 6-hr notary seminar or a self-study course, but if you are currently a California Notary Public seeking to recommission, you may
choose to take either the 6-hour course or a 3-hour refresher course instead. In order to qualify for the 3-hour refresher course, you need to take the course and pass the notary exam before your commission expires.
If you qualify and want to take the 3-hour notary course, select any date and location here and you will be able to change the course to the 3-hour course on the next screen that follows. The 3-hour course is given on the same day and in the same location as the 6-hour course but the 3-hour course begins at 1:00 pm. instead of 9:00am. If you are taking the 3-hour course, please arrive by 12:15 pm for
registration processing. If you register for a 3-hour course but change your mind and want to attend the full 6-hour course instead, you may do that at no extra fee.
Please consider taking the 6-hour course even if you qualify for the 3-hour refresher class.
Our classes are packed with information and with the 6-hour course, you will have an opportunity to relax and have everything done on the same day. Besides, it is only once every four years and we want you to be stress-free going into the exam. There is a great deal of information covered during our 6-hour seminar that we just briefly mention during the 3-hour course. Give yourself a gift of time. Take the full day course...you will be glad you did!
In-Class Notary supply package?
Our discounted price for our in-class students is only $79.95. ($180 value)
In order to take advantage or our special discounted price, you may choose to purchase notary supplies now or during the seminar. We do not offer this discounted package on-line in any manner. This package is available only for our seminar registrants and can be picked up in class. It may be purchased now upon registration our at the class. This notary package at the discounted price of $79.95 includes:
- An Official Notary Journal ($24 value)
- The required thumbprint pad ($6 value)
- Your Notary Public Seal ($24 value)
- Pad of 50 Acknowledgments ($12 value)
- Pad of 50 Jurats ($12 value)
- Your Notary ID Badge ($25 value)
- 2-Notary Oath Cards (wallet size) ($10 value)
- 1-year free listing on our exclusive advertising platform - The Notary List ($55 value)
- And the Essential Notary Forms CD ($15 value)
What if I need to reschdule my class date?
No problem. Register now and if you need to reschedule, just log into the Student Services link above and pick the "reschedule class" option any time 7-days prior to the class date and you can reschedule at no additional charge. Late rescheduling incurrs a fee of $30. Please do note, however that rescheduling is limited to one time only.
How can I become a Certified Notary Loan Signer?
If you want to specialize as a Notary Loan Signer, take this FULL DAY class which will focus on the expectations of a Notary Loan Signer. If you are already experienced as a notary and want to obtain certification as a Loan Signer, you can take the certification exam online (open book) anytime after you take this course.
1-day notary class & state exam! Directions for each class location will be automatically emailed to you with your registration confirmation.